Skip to main content

Empties: #5



1. Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm - Energising Orange
I've already fully reviewed these and they've been in most of my empties. In essence they are very moisturising and smell divine. This specific one smells like artificial oranges (not my favourite scent of the bunch). I'm trying to find the perfect lip balm and let me tell you it is not easy. So I'll finish the ones I have but I'm not 100% sure about repurchasing it.

2. Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm - Smoothing Cherry
I probably should have put these together but whatever. The scent of this one is a bit strange but pleasant it's hard to describe but I will say it doesn't smell like cherries. It's not an overwhelming smell but the scent is a little sweet. I love the colour combo on the packaging of this one. It's so pretty.

Would I repurchase? We'll see


3. Dior Ultimate Eyes Mascara (sample)
This does NOTHING for my lashes. I'm glad this was a sample and I got this for free (from my aunty). To be honest I don't know if this is actually available but I wouldn't bother looking for it. It's really bad.

Would I repurchase? Hells to the no


4. ModelsPrefer Kohl Pencil - Matte Black
I got both of these free, one with the Priceline beauty bag and the other in the Priceline beauty club bag. I've heard a lot of good things about this liner and I was expecting quite a lot from them. But when I tried it, it was really rough and tugged on my waterline. I'm not too sure what's wrong with them but if you have any tips or if you've had the same experience PLEASE let me know.

Would I repurchase (or purchase really)? No


5. Australis Eyeshadow Primer
This works extremely well at keeping eyeshadow on all day. It's so affordable (RRP $12.95), it works well and the product itself lasts a long time. It has a doe foot applicator so what I like to do is put the product onto my finger then spread it over my eyelids. It goes on clear so anything you put on top will be true to colour. 

Would I repurchase? Already have


6. Chi Chi Eye Palette - Fashionista
I got this and a mascara, that I will mention later, for $15. I thought it was such a bargain because mascaras alone are pretty expensive in Australia. Because it was such an amazing deal I got it. But seriously this palette has terrible pigmentation and the shadows are also quite chalky. There are 2 shadows out of the palette that are decent, but I hardly use it so I decided it was time for this one to go. I'll probably give it to my younger cousin that likes playing with makeup.

Would I repurchase? Sorry but no


7. Essence Stay All Day Long Lasting Eyeshadow - 01 Coppy Right
(And no I didn't spell that wrong)
I've done a comparison review of this and Bad to the Bronze if you want to check it out here. In a nutshell I used this up just to get rid of it. I know that seems harsh but it was patchy on my eyes which ruined what would otherwise be an amazing eyeshadow. The colour was beautiful and lasting power was okay (even better with the Australis primer), it just applied horribly. But I have Bad to the Bronze which is basically the same colour. 

Would I repurchase? No


8. Covergirl lashblastfusion (water resistant version) - Very Black
I cannot tell you much about this mascara except that it made lashes fall out more than normal. The eye makeup remover I use is normally really good but when I went to remove this 4-5 lashes would fall out. So I stopped using this after 4 or 5 times. It just wasn't worth it to me. I'd rather have naturally nice lashes than feel the need to wear mascara all the time because all my lashes have fallen out. From what I remember (vaguely) is that it made my lashes really black and voluminous which I enjoy.

Would I repurchase? No


9. Maxfactor Experience Volumising Mascara -Black/Brown
At first I was hesitant about the colour because it was dark brown but I didn't mind it because it was fairly dark for being a brown mascara. It didn't do much for lengthening my lashes but it did a fairly good job at volumising and defining them. Overall I quite liked this mascara it made my lashes look better than my normal lashes but still natural. However I've discovered (over time) that I like my lashes looking more dramatic.

Would I repurchase? Probably not


10. Chi Chi Super Thick False Lash
This is the first mascara I ever used when I started getting into makeup which was about 1-2 years ago. This is the mascara I bought with the chi chi palette I mentioned above but I've definitely seen this sold separately in stores in case you're interested. I don't recall much about this mascara but I remember liking it then disliking it (but it's probably because it dried out and I didn't know what that meant at the time). I will say though there is a dip in the wand so make sure you don't use that section otherwise you're lashes will clump like nobody's business.  

Would I repurchase? No


11. Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil - Pure White
I haven't used this in years so I decided to chuck it out. And because it's so old I think that's why when I tried to use it recently it was really rough and hard on my eyes. Plus it's too stark white for me to use with my skin tone. 

Would I repurchase? No


What products have you finished up?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: wotnot Natural Organic Facial Wipes

For a long time you could only buy the wotnot facial wipes online. But you can now find them in Priceline for $7.99 or with the travel case (like shown above) for $9.99. While it is very pricey for make-up wipes, personally I think it is so worth it. If in doubt wait for the 40% off skincare sale. Some important things to note, these wipes are: "Certified organic pink grapefruit and petitgrain Certified organic papaya (pawapaw) Certified organic rosehip 100% natural and biodegradable fibre Free from alcohol and artificial perfumes Free from parabens and petrochemicals Ideal for sensitive skin" The wipes are large, moist and very refreshing. They have an earthy type smell which is not off putting...I swear. So don't be afraid if you're sensitive to smells. Not only are these wipes made up of amazing ingredients but they do the job and do it well. I wear light to medium make-up on my face and more medium-heavy eye make-up. And I find that the

Haul: Gerard Cosmetics

In early March I came across a promotion for Gerard Cosmetics which included 2 lip glosses for $20 since I've been wanting to try these products for a while I decided to give their products a try. While I was on the site I checked out the sale section and there was a lipstick and lip gloss combo which was also $20. So I thought perfect... 4 lip products for $40 plus free shipping. In Australian dollars it cost approximately $54.  The colours I bought were; 1. Lipstick in Nude 2. Lip glosses in Nude (light pink nude), Deduction (dark and vampy) and Salmon (peachy orange)  My order came in less then 2 weeks, which was amazing. I couldn't believe how quick it came. However when I received my order I noticed something odd about the lip gloss in Seduction. It looked almost as if the tube was half empty. So I sent an email about my concerns and they responded to me within a day. And this was their response. "Hi love, We are so sorry this has happened :( Ple

Comparison: Artiste vs MAC Brush Cleaner

General Information Mac Brush Cleanser  Price:  $20 Weight:  235 mL  Where to buy:  Myer, David Jones, MAC stores and their website Artiste Brush Cleaner Price:  $14.95 Weight:   100 mL Where to buy:   Priceline Packaging Both brush cleansers come in a plastic bottle with screw top lid, the Artiste cleanser however has a spray top making easier to use. The MAC brush cleanser on the other hand has a cap similar to those on shampoo bottles.  Meaning you'll need either cup, bowl or the sink to be able to clean your brushes. Whereas with the Artiste cleanser you can just spray it directly onto your brushes. So I just transferred my MAC cleanser into a spray bottle to make it user friendly.  Scent The Artiste brush cleanser has a very very strong perfumed alcohol smell. Which makes sense because the ingredients are made up of alcohol and perfume (I would describe it as quite sweet). For me personally I have no issues with it but for th